At McLeods we comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
McLeods is a partnership and the partners also own and are directors of a Trust Company, Superflow Pty Ltd. A reference to McLeods and “we” in this policy includes Superflow Pty Ltd.
What is personal information?
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
We will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
The types of personal information we may collect and hold include contact information (e.g. name, email address and mobile phone number), photographs, employment history, educational qualifications and financial information (e.g. credit card or bank account details).
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways including face-to-face, over the telephone, through an online form or portal or by email.
We may also collect personal information from employers, former employers, referees and contract partners.
Where we collect your personal information from third parties, we may use that information for a number of reasons including as part of the pre-employment process and to provide you with services.
Where practicable, if we have collected your personal information from a third party, we will notify you about the collection.
We may collect information from our website including the number of visits, dates of visits, pages viewed and navigation of the site. The purpose of collection is to improve users experience of the site and for record keeping purposes.
Why do we collect, use and hold your personal information?
We collect, use and hold your personal information as part of the pre-employment process and to provide you with services. We also collect, use and hold your personal information to manage our ongoing relationship with you and perform functions and activities relating to our business.
Data will be used for the following purposes:
- where authorised by you;
- in a manner you would reasonably expect the use to occur;
- to verify your identity;
- where we are required, authorised or permitted by law;
- for administration of our services;
- to comply with laws and regulations including local government contracts; and
- to provide you with information about our services.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
We will not sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your personal information:
- when specifically authorised by you;
- to professional and insurance advisors;
- to regulatory bodies and government agencies;
- to your guardian; and
- as required by law or court order.
We may disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- reporting to government agencies;
- to obtain professional advice;
- for urgent health reasons;
- to comply with regulatory or legal requirements;
- credit reporting and checks; and
- to comply with laws or court orders.
What happens if you don't provide us with your personal information?
If you do not provide requested personal information, we may be unable to provide you with services.
How do we hold your personal information and manage the data quality and security of your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure:
- personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, relevant and not misleading;
- to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by storing it in secure servers and on a secure record management system.
Do we transfer personal information overseas?
We are unlikely to transfer your personal information overseas. In the event we transfer your personal information outside Australia, we will inform you prior to the transfer and comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to trans border data flows.
Links to other Websites
We are not responsible for the privacy compliance for any websites from the links that may be on our website.
How can you access your information and contact us?
Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or correct the personal information we hold about you:
- By mail: General Manager, McLeods, 220 Stirling Highway, WA 6010;
- By email: email@example.com; or
- By telephone: (08) 9383 3133
Subject to the Privacy Act, we will, if practicable, generally provide you with access to your personal information and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. We will provide you with reasons if you cannot access your personal information or the information cannot be updated.
How we handle complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by McLeods, please contact the General Manager on (08) 9383 3133.
Your concern or complaint will be responded to within 7 days.
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.