Fiona joined McLeods in 1996 and has been a partner since 2004. Specialising almost exclusively in property law, Fiona has developed a wide practice in development related documentation and agreements and property transactions. She is a member of the Law Society of WA s Conveyancing Committee, lectures in Property Transactions at Curtin University and teaches the conveyancing component of the Law Society s Legal Assistants Training Course.
Particular aspects of Fiona’s experience include:
- Preparation and negotiation of development agreements, detailed contracts of sale and easements for redevelopment projects.
- Preparation of deeds to secure conditions of subdivision and development approval and to secure the collection of development scheme costs.
- Preparation of easements, restrictive covenants, licences, leases, heritage agreements, title notifications and memorials.
- Sale and purchase of land and general conveyancing including the preparation of complex contracts of sale, mortgages, transfers and adverse possession claims.
- Agreements for the acquisition of road widening land, drainage easements and other public infrastructure related documentation.
- Providing advice in regard to property transactions, development related agreements, land title matters, rights of way, adverse possession and the use of title restrictions and notifications to achieve planning outcomes.
BA (English and Comparative Literature) (Murdoch)
Admission as Barrister and Solicitor (WA, 1996)