Prior to entering legal practice Elisabeth spent five years as a Senior Investigator with the State Ombudsman responsible for all formal and informal inquiries into local governments and ten years working in management positions in the administrative and governance areas of local government. Elisabeth joined the Firm from Corrs, Chambers Westgarth in 2001 and was made Special Counsel with the Firm in 2011.
Elisabeth s experience in legal practice includes:
- Negotiation of a wide range of contracts and resolutions to contractual disputes
- Tender preparation and advice
- Commercial leasing
- Development of public/private partnership arrangements
- Waste management agreements
- Advice on rating exemptions and defending rating exemption decisions
- Advice and guidance on decision making processes, delegation of authority, matters relating to financial and other interests impacting on decision making and general probity issues affecting elected members and officers.
- Appearance as counsel in the State Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court.
LLB (Hons) Murdoch
Admission as Barrister and Solicitor (WA, 2002)
Diploma in Local Government (Clerk)