Prosecution and enforcement
Recovery of rates and service charges
Representation of local government in court proceedings for debt recovery in all jurisdictions including Magistrates Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Federal Court.
Adam graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 2009 having completed a Bachelor of Laws. After some extensive travelling and spending six months as a Project Officer at Western Power, Adam joined McLeods as an Articled Clerk in 2011 and was admitted to practice on 18 December 2012.
Since that time, Adam has practiced in a wide range of local government law areas and has appeared as Counsel acting in criminal and civil court proceedings in a number of jurisdictions. Adam has also contributed and authored articles for various publications, including the Local Government Reporter.
Adam regularly represents local governments in the Magistrates Court criminal jurisdiction in relation to prosecutions under the Local Government Act, Planning and Development Act, Health Act, Dog Act, Bushfires Act, various Local Laws and other local government legislation.
Adam’s experience in legal practice also includes:
- Providing advice to local governments in relation to rate recovery matters.
- Providing advice to local governments in contractual disputes.
- Representing local governments in Magistrates Court civil proceedings in relation to rate recovery, disposal of uncollected goods and contractual disputes.
- Providing advice to local governments on a range of local government, planning and property law matters.
- Drafting commercial and community leases.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Local Government Planners Association
LLB (University of Notre Dame)