Wills & Estates
McLeods can assist you with planning your estate or administering a deceased estate. We recognise the need to adequately protect yourself and your loved ones from inconveniences and expenses during challenging times. We will work closely with you to tailor a solution to your estate planning objectives and provide you with timely and practical advice.
Adequate protection of your estate involves more than just a Will itself. We can also assist you with appointment of guardians for children or appointment of a trusted person to make personal, lifestyle, financial and treatment decisions on your behalf.
If someone has died and you are nominated as an executor in the Will, you may need to apply for a Grant of Probate to administer the deceased estate. However, if someone has died without leaving a valid Will, you may need to apply for a Grant of Letters of Administration. We know how challenging these arrangements can be following the death of a loved one.
We are able to cater a flexible approach to cover your needs based on your particular circumstances and we can be as involved in the process as you would prefer. Our Wills & Estates team have the experience and knowledge to assist you with a broad range of services.
Specialities In This Area Include:
- Preparing Wills, Enduring powers of Attorney and Enduring powers of Guardianship
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate of a Will in simple and complex circumstances (i.e. if the Will has not been validly executed)
- Obtaining a Grant of Letters of Administration if someone has died without a valid Will or if the executor is unable to act
- Obtaining a Reseal of a Foreign Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Lodging Transmission applications and Survivorship applications in respect of real estate owned by the deceased
- Administering deceased estates from start to finish including liaising with the relevant institutions and sale of assets
- Providing advice about the validity of a Will, how to administer a deceased estate or general advice about the processes involved